The Victory Square
The Victory Square is located near the streets: Saksaganskogo, Dmitrievska, Zlatoystovska, Vorovskogo, Gonchara, Starovokzalna, the Taras Shevchenko Boulevard and the Victory Avenue. It was created in XIX century. In 1860 there was created a market of used things that got the name – Jew market, or Galitskiy Market. In 1869 the square got the name Galitska. The current name was attributed to the square in 1952. The reconstruction took place in 1981-1982 the obelisk was installed to the Hero City. The underground passage was built between the circus and the “Ukraina” department store. Only three buildings in Kiev have the actual Victory Square address: “Lybed” hotel - #1, circus - #2, shopping mall “Ukraina” - #3.