The Triohsviatytelska Street
The Triohsviatytelska Street is located in Shevchenkovskiy district in Kiev. It leads from the European Square to the Michailovska Square. The street appeared in XVII. Its name derives from the name of the Church that was located there. The church was destroyed in 1934-1935. Today the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is located on that spot.
In XIX century the street got a new name – Teatralna. That honored the first theatre built of wood in 1805. In 1919 the street got a new name – Victims of the Revolution – to honor the memory of the revolutionists who were led to execution along this street on December 24-25, 1918. Later on in 1955 the name was inappropriate so it got the new name – Heroes of the Revolution. In 1958 the Dessiatynna Street was separated from it.
In 1991 the street got its current name.