The Paton Bridge
Named after its constructor E.O.Paton, it is one of the bridges across the Dnieper. It was built in 1953 and the circulation on this bridge was opened on November 5, 1953. It is the first all-welded bridge in the world. The length is 1543 meters. The width of the roadway is 21 meter; the width of the sidewalks is 3 meters. To ensure the safety in 1968 on the Paton Bridge they applied the semi rigid barrier (for the first time ever in the USSR). Before the reconstruction of the bridge in 2004 there was one of the main tram lines that connected the right bank tramline with the left bank tram line.