The Mikhailovska Square
The Mikhailovska square is located in Shevchenkovsky district in Kiev. It is located between Dessiatynna street, Triohsviatytelska street, Mikhailovska street, Bolsjhaya Jytomerska street and Vladimirsiy side street. The Mikhailovska square is one of the oldest squares in Kiev. It was formed in XII century when entering the Mikhailovskiy golden dome monastery. The square got its current view in 1850s. the name was attributed to it when all the streets in Kiev were renamed. Later the building of the First Real College was built here and in 1911 the monument to Duchess Olga was installed. Many changes brought the Revolution 1917: in 1919 the monument was destroyed, in 1930s the Monastery was destroyed. Only in 1991 the monuments were restored. The Vladimirska hill is near this Square. Also there is a monument to Victims of Holodomor 1932-1933. The Ministry of International Affairs and the Diplomatic Academy are located on this square.