The Leontovitcha Street
The Leontovitch Street is located in Shevchenko district in Kiev. It starts near the BogdanaKhmelnitskogo Street and runs till the Taras Shevchenko Boulevard. It was founded in 1860s. During 1869-1921 it had the name Gymnasicheska, because of the Gymnasium that was located near-by. The current name was given to it in 1926 in honor of NikolayLeontovitch. The Botanic Square and the Vladimirskiy Cathedral are near this street. The length of the street is 250m.
The metro station “Universitet” is situated on this street.