The Dessiatynna Street
The Dessiatynna Street is located in Shevchenko district in Kiev. It runs from the Michailovska Square till the Andreevskiy descend and the Vladimirska Street. The street was laid in 1830-1840s. First it was a part of the Triokhsviatutelska Street. In 1919 the city authorities had an idea to give it a name Kniajeskiy Dvor (“Princely Court”). In 1919-1955 it was a part of the Victims of Revolution Street, in 1955-1958 – a part of the Heroes of the Revolution Street. In 1958 it finally became a separate street and got its current name – the Dessiatynna Street.