The City garden
The City Garden – is a park that is located in the center of Odessa. It is a very old and ancient public park in Odessa. It is situated in the center of the city on Deribassovska Street.
The park was created by Felixe de Ribasse (the brother of Iosif de Ribase, the one who founded Odessa) in 1803. The land where the park was created belonged to de Ribasse and was located in the center of the young city.
On November 10, 1806 de Ribasse decided to present the park to the city as he did have enough money to maintain it in good order. The summer theatre of the City Philharmonic is located in this park as well as the musical pavilion rotunda and a number of sculptures and monuments.
The City Garden was reconstructed and re-opened for visitors on May9, 2007.
There is now the new rotunda and a musical fountain, the facades got reconstructed as well, all the communications were restored, the new power station was built and the new equipment was installed (for automatic watering).