The City Council
The building of City Council in Odessa – is one of the most beautiful monuments of architecture in Southern Palmira. The City Exchange office used to occupy this building that is a very important office in the City-Port like Odessa.
The building of the City Council is situated on the Primorsky Boulevard. Not far from that place you can find the monument to famous Russian poet Alexander Pushkin who dedicated many of his poems to Odessa.
The building of City Council was created by the architect Franz Boffo in 1828. In 1899 the Cit Exchange office got the new building and moved there. It was local philharmonic and since that time the building of City Council is used only to hold meeting of the City Council deputies of Odessa.
It is a magnificent piece of architecture representing the classical style and it also has some resemblance with the Alexandrovsky Palace in the Royal Village (Tsarske Selo).
The building of the City Council in Odessa was and still is one of the first places to visit in the Southern Palmira.