The Bankova Street
The Bankova Street is located in the Pechersky district in Kiev, Lipki area. It leads from the InstitutskaStreet till KruglouniversitetskaStreet. Most part of this street is pedestrian.
The name Bankova comes from the proximity of the former Kiev bureau of State Bank of Russian Empire.Today the word “Bankova” equals to “power”, the same way as Kreml or the White House in Russia or the USA. The Bankova Street appeared in 1870s on the place where used to be the mansion of Governor-general Fiodor Triopov. There used to be a tram lane on this street (1905-1946) that connected the Bessarabian Square to the current street of Michil Grushevskiy.
On the Bankova Street is situated the Administration of the President of Ukraine and the House with Chimeras.
The nearest metro stations are "Kreshytik" and "Ploshad Nezavisimosti".