Pedestrian bridge (The Park Bridge)
The Park Bridge – the pedestrian bridge across the Dnieper, connects the central part of Kiev with the park zone and beaches of the Trukhanov island. It was constructed in 1956-1957. The construction was initiated in 1956, the grand opening was held on July 3, 1957. As for its construction it is an all-welded bridge, that was raised with the help of automatic welding. The total length of the bridge is 429meters, the width of the pedestrian area is 7 meters. The exceptional shape of the bridge became one of the traditional elements of Kiev’s panorama.