Church of St.Olha and Elizabeth
Church of St.Olha and Elizabeth is located on Kropivnitskogo square in Lvov near the Gorodetskogo Street. It is built in new Gothic style.
It was called in honor of popular Empress Elizabeth who was married to the Emperor of Austria-Hungary.
Since 1991 it is in possession of Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. The first stone of the cathedral was laid in 1903 during the last visit of the Emperor of Austria-Hungary to Lvov (he was 73 years old at that time).
The cathedral was being built for several years (1903-1911) by a professor of Lvov University Teodor Talevskiy. The cathedral was baptized in 1911, but the construction of the interior continued after that too.
Kazimir Sukhilskiy, famous painter in Lvov, was working on the interior design of the cathedral for 20 years